These “recipe cards” for Project/Problem Based Learning are intended for K12 use in groups, as well as with individual students. The LifePractice PBL cards feature an intriguing problem where students are able to then integrate core content, such as Math, Science, Social Studies, Reading, and Writing into their solutions. Every problem includes deeply embedded creativity, problem-solving, and collaborative learning.
The fully-customizable LifePractice PBL recipe cards are packaged in Sets of 7 PBL units each. Every Set includes unit cards that give the beginning or advanced PBL teacher a variety of topics to capture and engage kids’ minds and hearts. Each Set includes projects where students are 1) TimeTravelers, 2) Artists & Inventors, 3) Historian Challenges, 4) StoryTellers, 5) ProblemSolvers, 6) Scientist Challenges, or working in an 7) Entrepreneurial construct.
To do the math, each set has the potential for 105+ very individual units! At $9.95, this is a steal!
Set 1 includes the following challenges:
- Pompeii & Circumstance: Go back in time and save the citizens of Pompeii
- Martian Colony: Design a plan for a Martian colony
- Viking Ship: Create a scale-model Viking ship as you learn beyond the slash and burn archetype of this complex civilization.
- No Wright Answer: Re-imagine the airplane as if the Wright brothers never built theirs.
- All About Tornadoes: Create a book, audio or video-based story that teaches about tornadoes.
- Doomsday 1: Save the Earth from a killer asteroid
- Open a store: Plan and open an online store with a plan for generating profits.